12-Step Program for TOTR Addiction Recovery
By Redwop* at The Haven
1. We admit that we are powerless over our need for updates – that our lives have become unmanageable.
2. We believe that a Power greater than ourselves – i.e. the writer of this blog – could restore us to sanity – i.e. bring us all the way to IWTB, Mulder, Scully and the little something intact.
3. We have made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of suport groups at haven.
4. We have made a searching and fearless moral inventory in all kinds of fanfics of all kinds of ratings (MSR, humour, angst, from G to unrated....)
5. We have admitted to the writers, to ourselves and to another phile of the exact nature of our obsessions.
6. We belive that sanity is overrated, and will therefor not ask for removal of any or all these defects of character.
7. We humbly ask for frequent truth on the road updates.
8. We have made a list of all persons we have harassed when particularly touched by and/or in need to analyze a certain part of the blog, and are willing to make amends to them all.
9. We have made direct amends to such people wherever possible, even if it meant turning them into addicts as well.
10. We continue to make inventorys in different kinds of fanfics, and whenever we find something good, we promptly report it.
11. We have, through reading, watching, discussing and obsessing in general, sought to improve our conscious contact wit Mulder and Scully, as we understand them to be (whether others find it OOC or not), and we pray for more passion and strong lightbulbs to come.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to other TTOTR addicts, and to practice these principles in all our fandom affairs.
*Redwop, we hope it's all right that we copied and pasted it here. If not, let us know. Thanks!